We are looking for an experienced data scientist to build the core of our matching technology. The position entails research and development of high accuracy big data algorithms responsible for grouping devices belonging to same user through the use of statistics and machine learning. This is a very unique opportunity for a candidate to take ownership and build the core technology of the company from the ground up.
Research, design and implement the company’s core cross device matching technology Utilize cutting edge research done in the academy for advanced data mining techniques Develop systems that continuously learn, evaluate the performance of the algorithms and improves them accordingly.
First and foremost, programming skills that allow one to be self sufficient in handling data and prototyping various analysis approaches, more specifically a candidate needs to have:
- At least 1 year of experience working on similar problems (in the industry or otherwise, e.g. university)
- Hands on experience with SQL (advanced SQL - an advantage)
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Python or R
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language relevant for building predictive models (e.g. R, Matlab, Python etc.)In addition to the above, the following are required:
- M.Sc./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Math or related disciplines or B.Sc. with several years of applied Machine Learning experience
- Previous experience solving problems using machine learning, clustering algorithms and predictive models
- Strong statistical background
- Great analytical skills, approach to data
The following will be considered an advantage:
- Experience and knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Pig/Hive, Cascading/Scalding, Spark, Giraph & GraphLab
- Experience in Java
- Experience with AWS
- Online advertising experience
We are looking for best-of-the-best data scientists and software developers who are interested in furthering their careers in a cutting-edge tech startup. If the idea of solving huge, data-centric challenges excites you, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.