- Web browser opt-out: If you prefer that we do not include information regarding your Device’s browser in results we provide to our Customers (the “Results”), click below to opt-out.Please note that this opt-out must be performed separately for each browser on each Device. When you opt out, we will place a cookie on your Device, if it supports cookies. Please note that if you block cookies, our opt-out process may not function properly. Please also note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies, or if you use a different computer, Device or Internet browser, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
- Mobile Device opt-out: You may also opt-out by entering your Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID below. This option must be performed manually. We will then remove your ID from the Results we provide to our Customers.
- Click here to opt-out.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT, HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- Our Website. We created our Site mainly to tell Clients and prospective Clients about us and our Services. We do not provide Services by means of our Site. We do not instruct you to provide personally identifiable information by means of the Site.
- Personal Information. Personal Information is collected when you access our Site only when you knowingly provide it, for example when you provide feedback, or request information using the “Contact Us” link. Personal Information collected by means of the Site is used to send communications and administrative emails, to respond to your inquiries, and to send marketing and product update messages to those who ask for such messages.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information automatically when you visit our Site. This Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect via the Site can include your Internet Protocol address, device identifier, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and the web page you have visited immediately prior to visiting the Site. Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected by means of our Site is used internally, for example, to help diagnose problems with our servers or to make our Site more useful.
- Our Services. We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information which we receive in respect of Users in order to suggest likely connections between Users’ Devices. We receive the following information with respect to Users by means such as cookie-sync:
- The page a User has requested or the application the User is using
- The date and time the User has visited the page or used the application
- The device internet protocol (IP) address
- Mobile device identifier (such as Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID)
- Geo-location (including truncated GPS coordinates)
- Data that can be extrapolated from an IP address (such as the country or city in which a User is located or demographic data with respect to the User)
- User agent string that specifies device and browser information
- Referring/exit pages
- Cookie information (e.g. a unique device identifier, stored in a browser cookie)
- An obfuscated or hashed user identifier, such as email address or user name, which we only use in order to evaluate the probability and nature of connections between Devices, never to identify the individual.
- We do NOT ask to receive Personal Information, such as the following, and we do not require Personal Information, such as the following, in order to generate Results which we provide to our Customers:
- Phone number
- Website or application password
- Precise location
However we do not control whether we are provided with this type of data.
3. INFORMATION SHARING
- With Customers. We use information in order to generate the Results which we provide to our Customers. We do not incorporate Personal Information in Results we provide to our Customers, and our Results only determine the probability that Devices belong to the same User. Our Results identify Devices by device identifier and communicate to our Customers that, based on the information available to us, it is likely that these Devices are used by the same individual. Our Results do not link Devices to particular individuals by use of names, addresses or other personally identifying information.While we include in our agreements with our Customers contractual provisions which govern use of Results, we do not control how Customers use Results; and our Customers’ collection and use of Results is governed by their own privacy policies. If you have questions about how our Customers collect and use Personal Information or Non-Personally Identifiable Information, please be in touch directly with our Customers.Our Customers may use our Services and Results in connection with the following as well as other activities:
- Fraud prevention
- Targeting or behavioral advertising
- Frequency capping (i.e. not showing a User an ad if a certain number of ads has already been shown)
- Attribution (i.e. performance measurement)
- Translating an advertising segment from desktop Devices to their corresponding mobile Devices or the other way around
- With Other Third Parties. We may share Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected via the Site or received in connection with our Services with other companies or individuals as follows:
- Third party vendors or service providers, such as vendors that assist us in sending emails, or with marketing and customer service, or third parties who provide us with other services in connection with our business.
- With third parties if we have a good faith belief that access, use, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or an enforceable governmental request, (b) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (c) protect against harm to the rights, interests, property or safety of Crosswise, its users or the public as required or permitted by law or to enforce our agreements.
- With any of our affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, in which case we will require them to honor this policy.
- With third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information;
- In the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, consolidation, bankruptcy, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets, Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifiable information may be among the assets transferred.
- In addition, we may aggregate your Non-Personally Identifiable Information with the Non-Personally-Identifiable Information of others and share that aggregated information with third parties on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion without restriction. Please note that the parties and individuals listed above may be located in countries other than your own, and we may send them information we receive. All such parties will be subject to non-disclosure and non-use obligations. Nevertheless, some countries may have levels of protection of personal and other information which are not as high as in your country of residence or business.
5. INFORMATION SECURITY, RETENTION, AND DATA INTEGRITY
We take reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include firewalls and encryption, internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems.We restrict access to Personal Information to Crosswise employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Site and Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to penalties, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations. However, we are unable to guarantee that the security measures we take will not be penetrated or compromised or that your information will remain secure under all circumstances.We retain Personal Information received from the Site and de-identified or aggregated data indefinitely. We retain Non-Personally Identifiable Information for up to one year.Crosswise processes information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected.
Crosswise will allow an individual access to his or her Personal Information and allow the individual to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.To request such access, or correct, update, or amend your personal information please contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from individuals who are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or Services are designed to attract people under the age of 13. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. If we obtain knowledge that a User is under the age of 13, we will take steps to remove that User’s Personal Information from our databases.
8. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Site may contain links to, and allow you to share content on, third party websites and services. The fact that we link to a website or service or allow you to share content on them is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.Your Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information may be processed or used in jurisdictions with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from those of the jurisdiction in which you reside. Please be advised that through your continued use of the Site or Services, you are transferring your Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information as described above and you consent to that transfer. Additionally, you understand that your Personal Information may be processed in countries where laws regarding processing Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information may be less stringent than in your country.
10. ENFORCEMENT, QUESTIONS, AND COMPLAINTS
Our address is:
115 Ha-Hashmonaim, Tel Aviv, Israel.
Last Updated: March 2015